View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 11:17   #21
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Wifi Buddy using lots of Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As discussed the Virgin Media WiFi app will only use data when it needs to show the map.

It'll do this over whichever data connection is currently active.

Once your device is configured there is no need to regularly run the Virgin Media WiFi app, but it does need to remain installed in case the SSIDs or security certificates need updating for the service.
I don't have a mobile internet device as such, just a WiFi tablet. I started up WiFi buddy and it loaded the map and the list of hotspots. I then disconnected WiFi access(aeroplane mode), and then started WiFi buddy up again and it still displayed the map. What it couldn't do is overlay the map with the hotspots because that list isn't cached.

Is that a tweak needed for the app? 1) to cache the list and 2) to have an option to only update the list using WiFi.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote