View Single Post
Old 29-09-2016, 12:47   #694
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I agree but I still think recent events have shown us not to underestimate the anger that is out there and the appeal of anti-establishment candidates no matter how much they may seem unable to do the job. Trump in America, Le Pen in France, Syriza in Greece.

I still think it's unlikely but I wouldn't assume it's not a real possibility. Say there is a recession and increasing public anger and suddenly things can change. Especially if the argument that austerity didn't work for 8 years and instead prevented growth takes hold.
Le Front National and Syriza are anti-establishment by virtue of being fringe parties people have turned to having lost faith in the mainstream. Trump is anti-establishment by virtue of not having any prior political record.

There is nothing remotely anti-establishment about Jezza or the Labour Party. In fact in some parts of the country Labour has been losing votes to parties that are anti-establishment (ukip) or are at least good at looking like they are (the SNP).