View Single Post
Old 17-05-2010, 22:17   #75
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
A simple way to eliminate the internal wiring as the issue is to attack the wiring a bit and connect your modem directly to the incoming feed as soon as it gets to the house and see how the power levels are there.

See if you can do that, get shot of splitter, etc, and see how you are going. If there's a single splitter and a coax run in place you should see about 5dB higher incoming power and a transmit power drop of a similar level.

The engineer should have plugged your modem in to the incoming feed to your home to eliminate the internal wiring as an issue.

If still marginal chances are that it's just how the network is set up, might not be any tap options where you are and the network is lined up for a higher transmit power than your drop and splits can do.
Thanks for the tip, got some very interesting results. This is a direct feed from the wall inside. No splitters, seems my DBmV levels are too high or am I mistaken?

I should add that my speeds were still crappy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (144.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg virgin2.jpg (135.8 KB, 7 views)
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote