View Single Post
Old 25-01-2012, 17:57   #8
noidea
Inactive

noidea is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Use a Repeater with Virgin Super Hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I have the SH in modem mode. An Airport Extreme is the router and this is connected to a Devolo Powerline which punts the circuit through the mains.

In another part of the house, another Powerline feeds an unmanaged switch, intoi which I've connected an Airport Express repeater. This presents the same SSID as the Airport Extreme and gets round the walls problem I have in my house.

You can do this with any combination of kit and no doubt with the SH in router mode - so long as you can get ethernet into your AP.

If you want a more detailed explanation just let me know.
This is almost exactly the set up I want but when I put the superhub into modem mode, I lost all internet connection through the Airport Extreme that was connected to it. Is there a setting I need to adjust on the Airport Extreme to make it work? Is there a particular port I need to use from the SH and into the Airport Extreme?
At the moment I have the Superhub in router mode connected to the Airport Extreme which powers my network - is there a downside to this?

If you could help with another question I'd also be really grateful..
I need more ports than the airport extreme has for my wired network. If I get an unmanaged switch should it sit between the superhub and the airport extreme or should it sit between the airport extreme and everything else?

Thanks
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote