Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53   #6046
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
It makes it difficult to decide whether to take the 1TB TiVo if you don't have a clue on the spec of the 'cheaper' box.

Some rumours suggest a 0.5TB TiVo for £100 less. If this box has the same functionality as the existing box then anyone opting for the current box will be unhappy.

Do I delay or not?
Why would it make people unhappy?? If people want the 1TB hdd they will get it no matter the cost. I know plenty of people who are desperate and don't mind what the cost is. They always get the latest tech at launch so are always willing to pay for the exclusivity to be an early adopter.

If people want TiVo but aren't willing to pay for the full premium box then they can wait to see what else gets announced after launch. Its simple really.

More than likely it will be the same box with a smaller HDD, possibly 500GB. No reduced functionality at all.

I still don't get peoples reaction to the £40 install fee, everyone will be paying that to get TiVo. There will be no free installs given.