View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016, 19:07   #2470
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
This is worth a watch (from a few days ago) Netflix Q4 2015 Earnings Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIsZxcV7Y0

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Content wise, there are no rabbits left. But many people aren't interested in premium US cable network content such as HBO, Showtime, Starz and AMC, so it will make no difference to them. US Network TV content generally gets bought by the channels available to VM for the most part (although there are a few exceptions such as Blue Bloods).

But for those who do want the premium cable content, there are streaming options that make it unnecessary to resort to a yearly Sky pay TV contract.
I don't think it's of no interest, it's just that they can't go to all the trouble of vpns, etc, to access that content. I agree that quite a bit of it gets taken up by UK channel providers, but looking to the future, it's beginning to look as though the big global guys will get there before our little UK channels and leave them with the dregs.

I do think there are rabbits left and VM should seize them. We need more streaming services on the Tivo box and VM need to do those difficult deals with Amazon and Sky.

Whilst I'm all right because I have a smart TV and a Roku streaming stick, a huge proportion of the British public do not have a smart TV, and have never heard of Roku, let alone a streaming stick! VM really need to act now, before it's too late.