View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016, 18:02   #2469
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Oh they are certainly going for it , but at some point the subscribers will be the one's who foot the bill just like the traditional pay tv customers now. The article below says Netflix's 3rd party content costs are approximately 4.6 times its $7.7 net revenue. If the pay platforms start working together you'd expect this to rise further meaning ever increasing subs for all. No wonder original content is becoming more and more popular among providers.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...r-priced-plans
This is worth a watch (from a few days ago) Netflix Q4 2015 Earnings Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIsZxcV7Y0

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Some think that Now TV will never appear on Virgin's boxes. If that's the case, the future for cable customers in the UK is bleak. I am getting worried that I might have to go with Sky in the future, which is such a shame. I hope VM pull a rabbit out of the hat soon.
Content wise, there are no rabbits left. But many people aren't interested in premium US cable network content such as HBO, Showtime, Starz and AMC, so it will make no difference to them. US Network TV content generally gets bought by the channels available to VM for the most part (although there are a few exceptions such as Blue Bloods).

But for those who do want the premium cable content, there are streaming options that make it unnecessary to resort to a yearly Sky pay TV contract.