View Single Post
Old 30-03-2005, 11:38   #1
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Dixons Coverplan

Well, not strictly but anyway. At the end of January I bought a lovely Creative Zen Micro 5Gb mp3 player from above retailer, and "purchased" 3 years of their coverplan (didnt pay anything extra, they can be *very* flexible about their prices as long as they fill their quotas). anyhoo, said player stopped working yesterday. When i start it up, it makes a horrible grinding noise like the heads have crashed into the platters on the disk or something.

Tried all the various options in the rescue mode, and everything suggested on the Creative forums (apparently its not a unique problem). So, i'm thinking i should trek off to dixons, mp3 player in hand. Now, on their coverplan T&Cs it says that it will get sent off to creative to be repaired, as long as it takes less than six weeks. Otherwise, i get vouchers for an equivalent product or i get a "fully refurbished" product.

I'm loathed to trek into town on a miserable day like today to find out i have to wait 6 weeks for a replacement, is there any likely way they can be cajoled into just giving me the replacement product/vouchers? I'm sure it doesn't take creative 6 weeks to repair a hard drive, but still.... 6 weeks without music...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote