Thread: TiVo 2nd hand tivo boxes
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 22:03   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: 2nd hand tivo boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathstevenson View Post
Hi

I have 2 TiVo boxes in my flat and I recently bought a second hand box on a whim assuming that as I pay the TiVo charge I should be able to plug it in and make it work

When I connected the box with the card supplied I got a message telling me to contact virgin to activate my box and presumably get charged extra.

I factory reset the box and put in a card from one of my other TiVo boxes, this time when it started up it spent some time trying to connect to the virgin media network but said the cable was unplugged but it had the co-ax cable plugged in (the same cable connected to one of my boxes)

Has anyone had any experience with 2nd hand tivo boxes who could advise me? I plan to play about with it some more tomorrow
Its simple, VM have never sold there tivo boxes to anyone and therefor that box could be classed as stolen. They will not reconnect it without a paid for subscription

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote