View Single Post
Old 30-06-2011, 11:13   #14
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Can't wire Internet in my room

Simple guide for laying Coax yourself.

Let the engineer do his job as normal.

Then you can start to have a go yourself. The chances are you will need to buy coax as the one the engineer brings will only be long enough to reach your living room.

If its just the internet your having installed the connector inside your box will be a normal 2 way one. If your having TV installed aswell it will be a T-junction or a 4 way connector. You will need enough cable to do the job and 2 connectors all of which you can pick up at any DIY store.

Disconnect the original broadband cable and keep it somewhere safe incase things dont go to plan. Cut one end of your next coax to show a few cm's of cable and attach your first connector, screw it onto the end of the other connector.

Route the cable whichever way you want it to reach your room, I find that most houses have loose tiles on the roof and its a simple job of going up the wall and through the tiles into the loft, then drilling a hole in the corner above the room of installation allowing me to drop the cable down.

Cut that end of the cable showing a few cm's of the inside and attach your second connector and screwing it into the superhub or the DB then into the device.

Pretty much that simple