View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 19:40   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 5.1 surround sound.

OK, before you even think about an AMP you'll probably find that the 5.1 system has an AMP built in...

My 5.1 system as well as the 5.1 seperate inputs has also a stereo input that allows a 2 speaker system to come through all the speakers which I use for standard TV, my SAT and DVD goes through a Cambridge Audio V500 to convert the optical/co-axial to seperate outputs, but not all have stereo input or emulation. Not much you can do about it if yours hasn;t unless there is such a thing as a 2 to 5.1 convertor which would take your stereo system and emulate a 5.1 signal from it.

Kymmy

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkylad View Post
all the speakers plug into the amp , then the amp is connected to the tv via optical or co-ax connection
From the OP's first post sounds like it's just a stereo TV with NO co-ax/optical
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote