View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 14:48   #10
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Recording to DVD from Virgin V6 Box

It's the source end that needs to be set correctly, in this case it's the HDMI to SCART convertor that needs to output RGB. AFAIK the receiving end, in your case the DVD recorder, automatically picks up the correct way to interperet the signals if it supports it.

That's the way my Philips matchline TV used to work, the RGB mode was set in the STB and the TV automatically used it. Made a significant improvement of the picture quality.

The SCART connector has a data channel where I think the information is sent.