View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 17:35   #785
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In the absence of a working time machine, the only way to predict the future is with reference to current and past trends, economics and technical constraints and developments.

This is why you are wrong - you insist on ignoring everything that is and was, to enable your imagination to take over.

Oh, and I have answered every point you have raised, repeatedly, over the last 12 months, and am perfectly happy for "other forum members" to draw their own conclusions.
But you have only pointed out the problems. You have still not addressed the basic premise of the thread.

OK, let's take your view that there are problems that must be resolved.

If they are resolved, what then? How do the linear channels remain viable with continually reducing revenue?

You have consistently failed to answer this central question. I'm dying to hear your response, old chap.

And I'm afraid that your stance that you don't want this just doesn't cut it. The question is, how do the broadcast channels remain viable with a diminishing audience/revenue stream? What you want, I'm afraid, is beside the point.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote