View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 19:49   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ofcom slowing down the rollout of 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Ofcom is slowing the roll out of 4G by delaying Everything Everywhere from rolling out 4G on a rapid mass scale. Ofcom is concerned that it will be operating as a monopoly and has a consultation running and investigating it. Ofcom interfering in things it shouldn't is actually holding the country back.

Everything Everywhere is a 50/50 joint venture between France Telecom and Deutsche Telekom and still trade under seperate brands which means they should not be treated as one big company, futhermore, Virgin Media and MBNL cases, 3 customers also use the same network. It is down to Telefonica-O2 and Vodafone to invest in there own networks and hurry up. Therefore in response to the consultation I made clear that a licence should be granted to Everything Everywhere .

UK Broadband, are to start services in Southwark in September, perhaps Vodafone should stop spending money acquiring profitless companies like Cable and Wireless and start investing in 4G, they haven't even completed 3G let alone start off 4G.
For a start, regardless of how many names they trade under, Everything Everywhere is one company (they would not have gone to the bother and expense of merging T mobile and Orange if they hadn't intended to operate as one company). Monopolies are not good for anyone, least of all the consumer.

Second thing, O2 is currently trialling 4g in various areas (the London trial finished, but I believe they are trying it elsewhere), and I'd be staggered if Vodafone were not trying it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote