Thread: Superhub VM remotely change settings?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 15:05   #15
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: VM remotely change settings?

Has anyone had a reply of mark on the VM forums about the trial and been accepted?

I got a reply saying he wants me to take part and asked me for info, problem is I already gave him the info so I replied again asking if he needs me to resend it but had no reply since.

To stephen I think you have grossly misunderstood the scope of the problems with the superhub.

Some things affect a few users such as loss of ping capability and the low timeouts, some affect more users such as lack of features like DDNS and PAT, others affect many users such as a buggy ip flood protection and poor wireless performance, also if its true the superhub can only handle about 400mbit on its ethernet interfaces then that is also a major problem.

Some of these bugs I would expect to be picked up in trials, they things that are not as rare as made out.

Port forwarding for instance is very buggy, and its not much of a trial if noone uses port forwarding. Or are you suggesting the superhub is not designed to do what alternative routers do?

Incidently if I do get on this trial I will go out of my way to look for problems, I will deliberatly stress the thing, use it in ways I wouldnt normally use it just to look for bugs, that to me would be been a good tralist.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote