View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01   #1
lenny4343
Inactive

lenny4343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin answer machine not working

Virgin answer machine problemSince August have tried to sort out problems with BT Hudson telephone answer machine. Could not get answer machine to pick up incoming messages. Checked correct set up, still unable to get machine to pick up messages. Took telephone answer machine back to retailer claiming it was faulty. Replacement was just the same.... We suspected it was a faulty batch. We are now on our 4th telephone including a phillips and constant calls to 150 to report fault. Virgin voicemail has been taken off after a few phone calls. We took our phone to neighbours a BT Line and a Virgin Line. The answer machine picked up on both lines. We then borrowed a neighbours phone and set it up on our line......the answer machine did not work.

Yesterday a Virgin engineer came and said it was our telephone that was faulty. We have now isolated the problem to something to do with the line. I phoned 150 again last night and they tested the line and said there was nothing wrong with the line and claimed it was my telephone.

Can anyone suggest a solution before I am forced to change provider.

Lenny
lenny4343 is offline   Reply With Quote