View Single Post
Old 22-02-2017, 13:09   #2932
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
How do I check if remote is in IR mode. been trying all night to get remote to work with amp as my Sony remote is old & doesn't control volume or mute any more, I need a new remote for TiVo V6 and my amp can anyone recommend one not to expensive.
Ben has advised that the remote will still send IR signals for volume functions even when the remote is not in IR so not much point in switching to IR mode. However your remote is in IR mode if it can't operate your TiVo when line of sight between it and your tivo is blocked.

On the subject of alternatives the entry level lochitech Harmony 300/350 would do the job. It will turn on all your stuff with one button press. They cost around £25-£30.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote