Thread: Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2011, 16:40   #32
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Nightmare

By keeping the damaged flooring in place you are actually hindering the reinstatement of the property. The flooring needs to be removed so the substrate has a proper chance of drying.

I'm dissapointed that it seems that contacting the CEO office, which is where our contacts also reside has had little effect.

My only suggestion to you now is to formally write a recorded delivery letter to VM stating that you hold them, as your contract was with them not their subcontractors, fully responsible for the damage you have suffered, and losses you continue to suffer due to their inability to deal reasonably with the consequent issues. Make it clear that this is a "notice before proceedings", referring to the previous email correspondence and phone calls where they have not dealt with it. Advise you will be seeking compensation for all losses you have or will incur, damages for their inconvenience you have suffered, and costs of pursuing actions for recovery. Make it very clear that you will be proceding to reinstate the property to avoid further losses and inconvenence that VM's prevarication is causing.

In the meantime, you have I understand some quotes that were obtained by or for insurers. If you are happy then accept one of those. If you wish to get your own builder to quote, then do so and provided that cost is comaprable you might use him.

I must stress that hiding behind insurers in not an excuse. You do not have a contract with VM's insurers and whether they accept a claim on behalf of VM is irrelevant to you. You have a claiim against VM and will pursue that vigourouosly.

In some cases your household insurance policy may provide you with legal advice and expenses cover. If so now is the time to give them a call.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote