View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 16:13   #2672
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
Gave up using it a couple of years ago, Been using Chromecast and, then, the LG app.

Got shouted down here, 18 months ago, for suggesting Virgin needed to think about a new box

Virgin/Tivo will have been working on a new box not long after the first VM Tivo was released here and the Premier was released in the USA; companies always plan a few years ahead for the next model especially in the consumer electronics industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Been say that it was a bad move since it was FIRST said that Tivo was coming ,boy did I get shouted down over that

It was not a bad move; Tivo has, by far, the best functionality of any PVR of that generation. It was not the fastest, but I'll take functionality over speed anytime. It was fast enough for me, though granted this software update seems to have slowed it down a bit; still very useable for me though. I assume that they are working on a fix for that.

The increased use of OTT services has now made this Tivo pretty much passed it's sell by date. Which is why a new generation of PVRS has started to appear; Sky Q for Sky and the new Tivo for VM.

I really don't get what your issue is; Maybe you would like Virgin to release a new PVR every year? Just be prepared to pay the increased cost if you do. Or, you could just move to another provider.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote