View Single Post
Old 21-04-2011, 12:10   #5
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: The threat of streaming services

I can see a time when services like LoveFilm will be present on the VM TV service (this is just my speculation). You'd rent the movie like you do now and VM take the delivery cost from the fee and pass on the rest.

This could work in one of 2 ways (maybe more):
  • a timed rental e.g. £4 for 24/48 hour access (VOD as is)
  • a shelf rental e.g. You sign up for a certain amount of "shelf" space or you get that with the service. When you want a new film you empty your space and get a new title. Maybe a minimum time of 24 hours so you don't change too often.
The latter could work like LoveFilm, the more you pay per month the more you can rent at a time, the more changes you can make per month. Some devices can already do this. Use the TiVo and it's all in one device and doesn't use up your BB limits.

(Please note again this is just me thinking. I've not seen anything internal on this and am not aware of any work being done on this.)