View Single Post
Old 21-04-2011, 11:14   #2
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: The threat of streaming services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...x-2270651.html

With Lovefilm and now Tesco with Blinkbox looking to start streaming services , could the launch of youview be a threat to normal cable/satellite subs ?

I know TIVO will have access to apps however a TV sub is still payable , when youview launches users will have access to these streaming subs and imagine a scenario where streaming companies gained access to boxsets of TV shows.
I think that is one of the reasons VM repositioned it's self from content creator to delivery system. I don't think linear TV is going away (just have a look at the TiVo reminders thread) but I do think the age of the "cable cutters" is coming. VM provide a high speed network for these "cable cutters" so will continue to have them as customers, Sky aren't in such a strong position on that front.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote