View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 13:29   #1037
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Both the DTPS (DTT) and the TLCS (Cable and Satellite) licences have changed. VM has already carried the HD content over the Hidden BT Sport HD channel, which is set up to be switched in and out of channel 100.

I doubt that we will get the full time service, as it is just a rolling advert loop for BT services.
Thanks, I didn't realise that this was good to go on VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
There was a simple workaround of not using Standby until the issue was fixed - it now is.
I've not experienced any of the others at all and my V6s are whirring away every day. There are a few minor bugs and I've no doubt others may experience problems I've not had, but often I think many of those reported on Cable Forum are down to local issues rather than the V6 itself. My family have found the V6 to be a considerable improvement over previous Virgin Media hardware and well worth the upgrade.
I haven't been able to test if it will still record whilst in Standby as I have planned recordings; has anyone actually found that the update resolved the fault by personal experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If it was maintenance it must have been something very urgent. Do you have the ticket number?
I was surprised when I received a planned software update on Good Friday morning.

In case anything had gone wrong, we could have lost service at a holiday time when VM staff were on holiday themselves!