View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 17:02   #15
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Re: Expanding Foam as Insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Your biggest problem is draughts so going all out with thermal insulation on the floor will be a waste of money unless you are going to do the roof and walls(or already have done) .Very little heat if any will escape through the floor you are more likely to get cold draughts blowing up through the floor.My advice would be to eliminate the draughts rather than insulate and a ply/mdf floor covering can be very effective .You can buy T&G chipboard flooring with foam insulation already attached
I see what you mean. The roof and walls are insulated with a combination of polystyrene sheeting and bubblewrap, I was on a tight budget, but it seems to have worked. The wall cavity was about 2 1/2 inches which was jam packed with insulation.

I dont want to overspend on floor insulation if its not necessary, the cheapest option would be the best for me, ive already spent way too much on the workshop as it is.

This insulated MDF sounds good, i will have to look out for that. It would be ideal.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote