View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:45   #442
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree, theone, and a big reason why they are not getting more broadband customers is that their rivals offer telly - but they don't!
I do see the tv with BT as a bonus to my broadband ok i'm paying £10 extra a month but it's there if my other means goes pear shaped.
Also suprisingly SSE are rumoured to be trialing tv some point this year.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Vodafone's offering in Ireland looks relatively threadbare against VM and Sky so I can understand if they decided not to enter the market. EE's TV offering in the UK had just 98,000 customers when BT bought the company so perhaps Vodafone felt like O2 and Three felt it was not worthwhile.
If Vodafone does want to enter the UK pay-TV market then perhaps it could acquire TalkTalk. It could operate TalkTalk the same way that BT does with Plusnet but use its infrastructure to launch a TV service.
Vodafone might want to pounce sooner than later as TalkTalk's founder and 30% shareholder Sir Charles Dunstone is now starting to pull the strings and Dido Harding is leaving with a nine-month pay-off.
From what little info i had, vodafone uk tv was going to be based on nowtv with a few additions aka nat geo, h2, tcm.
The details were always quite sketchy though.