View Single Post
Old 25-11-2008, 14:16   #11
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Identifying anonymous calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Yesterday evening I received a very threatening message on my answer phone. Apparently the person concerned is going to come round and "blow my f'ing head off" if I don't give him certain information. I know who the person is but have no idea where he lives nor do I have any other contact details, his number was witheld.

I have recorded the message onto a tape and spoke to my squash opponent about it tonight. He is a serving policeman who for obvious reasons cannot become directly involved. He advised me to contact my phone provider first and ask them to trace the number then contact the local police. He said that all witheld calls can be identified by the network provider.

I have just phoned 150 and as usual got through to a very bad line in India. The operator insisted that it is not possible to trace witheld incoming calls and was generally unhelpful. She only wanted to change my number but it is my business number so that is out of the question right now.

I will now pass it on to the local police and let them deal with it.

My question is, was she talking Horlicks or can telecoms networks trace all incoming calls?

Jim.
You should call 0800-953-3333 which is the nuicence calls service
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote