Thread: SD TV price rises
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28   #23
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Well considering sky have frozen prices and only virgin increase, not forgetting channels going with no replacement, I think it's wrong
Firstly, I think you are wrong, because with Sky you don't have the choice of packages like you did before, you only have 2 mixes and the XL equivalent is £25 which is currently more expensive than Virgin Media's XL TV package, bare in mind, although Sky has more channels, you are legally not obliged to pay a penny for most of those channels through Sky and only the big name channels are paid for.

Furthermore, an investigation needs to be carried out into Sky and its status in the market, they own too many channels and content and are also restricting a lot of content to other platforms at there own loss.

Sky maybe freezing its prices, well not really because it will find some other way of extracting money from you without you even realising, you could have made a cup of tea and could have made £15 out of you in that time.

Just remember that Virgin Media has to pay carriage costs for the following broadcasters and also has to fund for its on demand content, something that Sky does not really invest in, this is the reason why they should never have sold off Virgin Media Television off.

And furthermore, the service treatment from Virgin Media is much better, if you run into finance trouble and cannot pay by direct debit at least Virgin Media don't keep cutting off customers until they have the direct debit re-instated and I find the customer service acceptable unlike Sky where my friends said they kept getting a recorded message telling them to call back later because they were receiving excessive calls.

I would rather pay that extra £2 per month and get a good service rather pay less and get less.

Sky know they have to supply all there content to Virgin Media customers so it's only a matter of time before nearly 4 million Virgin TV customers get all the Sky basic and Atlantic channels on M and XL TV packages, all I know, a lot of friends which was with Telewest until Virgin Media pulled the Sky channels are now coming back to Virgin Media because they say they are not happy with there Sky service.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote