View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38   #48
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100 View Post
This is very true, perhaps all subscribers will get a free speed increase in time to come.
I am on 50 meg and have thought seriously of getting 100meg but as the 50meg is more than adequate i see no reason to at the moment.
You also have to consider that with 50mb you get 24 hour technical support. For some reason when you pay more and get 100mb, you only get support 8am until 12 midnight.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
As a businessman, I am sure you didn't move/stay through loyalty, but because it made sense fiscally.....
I'm actually right on the verge of leaving VM completely, if they don't sort my current problems out.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Did it say the drinking chocolate was a tickle? that reminds me of the time my bank (SMILE) sent me some sunflower seeds to sow
Exactly....I think it's a bit of a slap in the face. And it isn't going to do anything to keep me with VM, if they don't sort my current problem.

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Yay it's official.

Yep all 50Mb customers are being upgraded to 100Mb progressively.

Sorry to disappoint but 100Mb customers are not being upgraded to 200Mb, they're having their price dropped to the 50Mb price of £25/month if taken with a phone line.

100Mb will probably be subject to STM with this upgrade / price reduction, details to be confirmed.
Is this a sneaky way of cutting technical support costs, as 100mb don't get 24 hour support, when 50mb do??

In the past you have had to contact VM to get any price reductions, They don't just do it automatically.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote