View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02   #47
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
why are VM acting like a startup isp that has no customer base and capacity to fill.

When they one of the biggest isps in the uk with significant capacity issues.

I think they quite possibly the most incompetant at capacity management in the country.

Can someone explain to me the logic of the following.

(a) upgrade loyal customers for free who are already paying you a set amount.
(b) give customers who clearly are willing to pay XX amount for 100mbit a discount (presumably when this free upgrade is done to match 50mbit price)
(c) give out free upgrades when the network in place cannot handle it especially when it generates no revenue.

Because, frankly, the competition at the moment is dire! Most areas in the UK struggle to get close to the advertised ADSL speeds. Cable on the other hand is far more reliable (or so the stats would show) when it comes to delivering close to the advertised speeds. Sure, there will always be those who have a rough experience BUT percentage wise I think VM provides a better product as a whole compared to the bigger ADSL based companies.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote