Thread: General 2nd cable line use
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:50   #1
HarveyS
Inactive

HarveyS is an unknown quantity at this point
2nd cable line use

Hi all,

I have searched for answers and found a few similar situations and found some answers.

Basically we have just changed from old virgin tv service to new tivo. We previously had box upstairs and now have it downstairs. The upstairs TV now has no signal at all (normal aerial seems to not be working).

So basically i want to somehow get some basic TV to the upstairs. I originally thought maybe a freesat box connected to the virgin line would work but ruled that out when found something on here. Also saw something about some TV's work for basic analogue if connected to the virgin cable but that doesnt work on this TV .

So just wondering what options i have? Can i buy an old virgin box off ebay (unfortunately the engineer took our old one) and plug it in, but presuambly the card with it (if even get one) will be linked to the previous address so be no good.

So i think my only real options are to a) find out how much virgin will charge to supply and allow a second box?

or b) splice into the external conventional aerial that feeds our downstairs tv.

Many thanks;

Harvey
HarveyS is offline   Reply With Quote