View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 17:25   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: New video card or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
Like what someone has said, they are obligated to repair or replace your card.

Throw in Trading Standards into the conversation with them and your rights as a consumer, and they will gladly probably replace it.

Shocking when they do this, I have had dealings with Scan before, and they go back on their word a lot, stopped shopping with them because of that.
Yeah, it's a shame as I used to think of Scan as a company with pretty decent service. Unfortunately nowadays that seems to stop as soon as your item actually arrives. Thankfully launching a court claim against them is quite cheap and easy these days thanks to the on-line process.

Quote:
I use Overclockers now, prices are just a bit more in some hardware but I know they aren't as crap with customers.
Indeed. Also ironic, as Overclockers used to be pretty ***** but are now pretty good. Unfortunately they still sometimes have issues delivering on time.

Quote:
A 970 is a nice card, nothing like hardware CUDA and Physx to take away the work from the CPU in terms of effects in game. Plus its actually power efficient also.
To be fair, to relate to all the claims going around the internet of the GTX 970/980 series' "efficiency", it's pretty much all down to a few aggressive optimisations - the underlying hardware isn't actually more efficient. When you run it at absolute maximum load, it uses equal or more power than competing hardware or previous generation cards, it's just a lot cleverer at shutting stuff off when you're not using it.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
I agree with most part but I wouldn't recommend Overclockers to anyone as they will ban you from shopping with them, for returning faulty items to them for a replacement, they will then claim they are not faulty all the time even when you have a replacement notice from the manufacturer.
Well considering you've previously admitted breaking more motherboards in a month than I have in my entire lifetime, it's no surprise they turn their nose up at your return habits...

... For more ordinary customers though who don't return 50 'faulty' products a year ...

Quote:
I have never had issues with Scan, but if something was damaged in Transit to them then that is not there issue to deal with, it then needs to be taken up with the delivery company for damaging goods whilst in there care, that is now unable to be exchanged under warranty, as it shows signs of damage from mishandling.
That is entirely incorrect. The transit is their responsibility so damaged in in transit is 100% their issue to deal with, contractually, and legally. If they are shirking this responsibility they are in breach of contract. The only exception is if they can prove negligence on the part of the customer.

Quote:
As for what card to replace it with, the 970 is a cracking card and Nvidia have now said the Memory issue is no where near what people are claiming but, they have admitted as to why there is a small decrease in performance.
It's less than small, 1-3% is within measurement error.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilie View Post
well Scan said my packaging wasn't good enough
so insurance won't cover it (used their supplied courier)
That might be reasonable but unless you grossly underpacked it it's not an excuse.

Within 6 months of purchase the retailer is legally obliged to prove that the fault was entirely yours. Them claiming it was damaged in transit (have they actually shown any proof to you? How exactly did you package the item?) doesn't prove it wasn't fault before being placed in transit. Furthermore, IIRC it's the retailers responsibility to get the item back from you, so anything that happens to it after it leaves your house is their problem [Not 100% sure if this applies to SOGA or just CCR]

Quote:
then Scan had me sign a warranty disclaimer before sending card to supplier
to see if supplier are willing to do anything
What exactly did you sign?

Some statutory rights you can sign away, some you can't.

Quote:
I was thinking the Vram issue with 970 shouldn't be that bad either
but people in some forums are making a big fuss about it
a bit skeptical about those post though
The 970 has been out for nearly 5 months now, and this is the first anybody's mentioned it, nobody had been whining about the performance before this synthetic issue came up. So go figure.

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...eplacement.htm
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote