View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 14:39   #7
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: New video card or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
Like what someone has said, they are obligated to repair or replace your card.

Throw in Trading Standards into the conversation with them and your rights as a consumer, and they will gladly probably replace it.

Shocking when they do this, I have had dealings with Scan before, and they go back on their word a lot, stopped shopping with them because of that.

I use Overclockers now, prices are just a bit more in some hardware but I know they aren't as crap with customers.

A 970 is a nice card, nothing like hardware CUDA and Physx to take away the work from the CPU in terms of effects in game. Plus its actually power efficient also.

But yeah definitely give hell to Scan.

And in the future if you ever have to return something back, always photograph it with a date, before sending it.. that way they can't squirm out of it.
I agree with most part but I wouldn't recommend Overclockers to anyone as they will ban you from shopping with them, for returning faulty items to them for a replacement, they will then claim they are not faulty all the time even when you have a replacement notice from the manufacturer.

I have never had issues with Scan, but if something was damaged in Transit to them then that is not there issue to deal with, it then needs to be taken up with the delivery company for damaging goods whilst in there care, that is now unable to be exchanged under warranty, as it shows signs of damage from mishandling.

The manufacturer shouldn't even deal with, it should be the delivery company paying out for the replacement of the part.

As for what card to replace it with, the 970 is a cracking card and Nvidia have now said the Memory issue is no where near what people are claiming but, they have admitted as to why there is a small decrease in performance.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...gtx-970-flaw/1

Dependent on how long you can wait for a replacement card, I would wait till around April time as that is when AMD are apparently releasing there new cards then, and that will cause Nvidia to release refreshes of cards or drop the price of the current ones.