View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48   #279
minesht
Inactive

minesht is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

He he,

Wishful thinking I would get this working on my first attempt.

I'm using mobile to post this.

Yes your right it is Superhub 1,

On the Draytek the options I have on wan to don't seem to make sense to me. I'm guessing I need to select pptp/l2tb tab and enable l2tp, but then this asks for

server address, which I don't know so I left blank

Gateway address, which I'm guessing is the gateway address specified by vm on their guide to setting up with 5 IP addresses.

Username I guess is the one they supplied with cable. Vmbusiness Net on the end and also password below this.

Ppp setup I left as default, pap or chap.

Then another bit that confused me is it not only has IP address assignment method and wan IP setting.

Just guessing again, but I set the wan IP assignment to the first of the usable IP addresses and the wan IP network setting as the network IP and mask on the setup sheet from vm.

This did not work.

Any ideas what I should try next?

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

Looks like to speak to someone at vm that actually knows something you have to call their support at 1AM.

The person I spoke to confirmed that they have had customers with Draytek router, 5 IP addresses working on modem mode, but he could not confirm which Draytek model.

I will speak to Draytek later today when they open, but so far have had not luck with the old 2820.

I think k he was trying to hint at entering PPP username and password in vm modem before enabling modem mode so I'll try that before I leave.
minesht is offline   Reply With Quote