View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 20:51   #15
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads
Re: Neighbours installation fubars my cable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner45 View Post
I've had a very similar problem. Last Thursday evening, I found that I had no TV and no broadband internet (TV had been working that morning), but the phone was working. No technician was available to visit until today. He got my services working again and said that there was no drop cable to my house (which is at the end of a cul-de-sac). When I had my TV/internet/phone installed six years ago, the installer used my neighbour's drop cable. Fast forward six years: my current neighbour decided to get cable service and the installer connected them but disconnected me!

My technician said that he'd put in a request to get a thicker cable pulled, so that it could be used in future if needed.

When I said that I should get compensation for five days of downtime, he said - to my amazement - that I won't get any. I hope he's wrong.
Of course VM will compensate you for loss of services if it is not your fault. They wont however cover you losses if you have to take time off for tech visits as they never promise a fault free service.
Wait until it is all complete and back up and running before calling in. That way you will know for sure how long you have been off in total.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote