View Single Post
Old 20-11-2017, 19:33   #801
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don't know how you can say that when you are suggesting we don't roll over for them either ?
Because of the rest of my posts! I answered literally below the part you quoted and also in the initial post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Sanctions, investigate anyone willingly cooperating with their interference and oppose their propaganda. We're not some poor little country powerless to defend our interests. What else would you have so do? Roll over because it's Russia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The invasion was what provoked more sanctions. The invasion of Crimea cost the Russian economy badly: https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp look at what happened after 2014. It's far from 'nothing'. How many hits like that do you think Russians will take? Putin may be very powerful and immune to normal democracy but he still has to balance the interests of other powerful Russians and their people. His political capital to invade further is limited as a result.

If we had rolled over then he might have felt emboldened to take Eastern Ukraine too.

There is more than can be done. If Western Europe can help Eastern Europe reduce their dependence on Russian energy then the pressure can get worse.

There is a wide range of options between not rolling over and military action.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

BTW Russia have being doing this for long before any of the recent stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation