View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 05:57   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Liberty Global Schedules Investor Calls for First Quarter 2017 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Wrong link Den, that's 2016

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/v...7-results.html

I caught the tail end of a discussion on R5 about this, all i caught was the 15% churn rate over the last year.
That's pretty big, anyone know what skys churn rate is?

They put it down to better offers from competitors/Netflix/Amazon , i expected them to mention pirate streams as it's all over the papers but they didn't.
Sorry about that John but sadly from time to time my brain goes haywire and l end up doing totally the wrong thing.

---------- Post added at 05:57 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Interesting comments from Tom Mockridge on the investor call. He described the move to increase prices for a second time last year as "too aggressive" and referenced that they coincided with service issues including Tivo set-top-box performance and network congestion. As a result, the 'hangover' hurt Q1 performance, with retention deals impacting on ARPU and churn relatively high at 15%.
Yes the churn is certainly higher then it has been for a while and perhaps they will think a bit more before they impose well over inflation busting price rises next time on Virgin customers.