View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 22:00   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Does the TiVo have an unused 2nd processor inside it?

I'd be surprised if it was. Any electronics company continually revises their products to bring down manufacturing costs during the lifetime (this is why Microsoft and Sony can release "Slim" versions of their consoles a couple of years after release: They revise the design) of the product. I suspect Samsung and Cisco do the same with their Tivo units, and I'd be very surprised if they left a large and relatively expensive to manufacture chip in the design if it was unused.

The Tivo Premiere (which is the basis for the VM Tivo) is, however, built using a multi core processor, but according to http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari (can't find the original), the Premiere does allow app developers to use multiple cores, so clearly their software can use multiple cores.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote