View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 18:54   #26
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
80% cpu usage on idle?

that will be a very unusual situation and not many people will have a computer in that state.

that isnt really about tuning, you have something seriously wrong on that machine.

so yes its possible for a machine to cause that speed but it be very unlikely.
as i say i know what causing it but i aint goign to fix it, because i will be rebuilding the system soon, however shop bought comptuer from pc world generally have got a high cpu memory usage as well as process, not as bad as mine lol because your right it si fault but i have seen computer out the box so to say having 5-30% usage quite a lot, and generally the one who come asking about the speeds are peopel with no understanding of comptuers so what i hvae said is true you shouldnt take the speedtest sites for granted unless you run other test and aware how the comptuer works
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote