View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 10:54   #23
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
you realise how low 0.5meg/sec is tho?

for a machine to run that low it would have to be a very extreme problem. even a unoptimised network connection running at 10mbit half duplex could easily surpass 0.5meg/sec.

I have a 486 that can test at about 2meg/sec on speedtest,net with the fash saturating the cpu.
if i said 0.5meg/s then i was the stupid one lol, i meant ont eh speed test site it says 0.5MB/5MB up a lot but generally says 10MB down 5MB up

ah but there is the problem, on that machine bring task manager up then post your number of current runnign programs as well as the cpu usage (average as it changesa lot) commit charge

currently this one is doing 76 processes, cpu usage on average of 80% commit charge of 2000M/5500M and 1800M is in memory ( i know why it is and since this is amahcien i use for general browsing i aint going ot fix it)
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote