View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 16:45   #1821
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Fears mount in Ireland over post-Brexit ‘hard border

Quote:
Financial Times James Brokenshire, the UK’s Northern Ireland secretary, said at the Conservative party conference in Birmingham this week that the UK government “will work to ensure that Northern Ireland’s unique interests are protected and advanced”.

Irish officials, however, say they have diminishing faith in such reassurances until the nature of the UK’s departure from the EU becomes clear. In the meantime, Enda Kenny, the Irish prime minister, is battling to convince a sceptical public that the government can address the threats of Brexit. These include not just the border question but disruption to trade between Ireland and Britain, which amounts to more than €1bn a week, and the possible ending of the common travel area.
https://www.ft.com/content/56f62810-...7-e7ada1d123b1

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
No you want to prolong 'old' when 'new' beckons. You lost the vote; get over it.
If people post information that I believe is wrong then I will endeavour to correct them. That's absolutely nothing to do with referendum results I can assure you. If they prove me wrong great.
I get that you don't like me pointing out the fact that we still have to enact EU legislation. I get that you don't like me stating that bailing out the banks was a UK initiative. But those are the facts so please move on.