View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 22:30   #1
Robjones23
Inactive

Robjones23 is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL "Customer" support - 10Meg performance drop :/

Ello all, just wanted to post regarding NTL's customer support, or lack of, when calling regarding broadband issues.

I spoke to a gent in india which already gave NTL a minus point (I'm sure i'm not the only one that, regardless of how good the indian operator is, I get off the phone ****ed off because of the language barrier).

Anyway, I told him that my broadband speed has decreased recently since just around xmas time. I told him that downloads from microsoft.com are hovering at around 25KB/sec.

So the first thing he asked was if i had a router? I said yes and he immediately blamed the router as the problem. I told him I'd had the router for a couple of years now and never had a problem and that i'd tried the broadband without the router connected and had the same problem.

Immediately he said that lots of customers in my area had phone up regarding this problem.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! He tells me it's the router, then when that theory is quashed he tells me that lots of people have been reporting the same issue. LIAR!!!

So we then went through some more tests involving msconfig (setting the safemode boot option with networking) which didn't resolve the problem.

He then told me to go via a proxy for which he gave me the IP. I told him this does improve the speed for IE, but won't affect my other apps which are slow as S**T.

So he told me that now that we've done the proxy change, everything that NTL provides is working as it should be and that its the fault of the software providers that the app is running slowly!!!

I then dropped a bomb on him saying that the other app connects to news.ntlworld.com, an NTL service and that this IS their responsibility. Downloads from there used to be around 1.09MB/sec (note the big B not the little one!) and are now around 78KB.

So he tells me that the rules are that as no-one else has called up regarding this problem, it won't get escalated!!! WHAT?! Where's the customer in customer service!? So I had a rant and a rave to him that it's unacceptable and eventually he spoke to his manager and said he'd escalate it.

I asked him when I should expect a call to say its fixed and he told me I wouldn't get a call as the call centre is inbound only. so I aksed him if he can send emails from the call centre and he said yes, so asked him to email me. He said he couldn't email me because the system only lets him send an email while he's talking to the person.

LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!!!

Customer service has gone down hill and I've never, ever had a problem with broadband until just before xmas and I've been with them over 5 years now at three different addresses.

Why has everything gone to s**t?!

Excuse my rant but i had to get that off my chest!

-Rob
Robjones23 is offline   Reply With Quote