View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 15:56   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Parents back pre-watershed junk food advertising ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Yet if the parents said no then the children would give up asking, the advertisers would stop targeting and the problem wouldn't be as big of an issue.

My parents gave me home cooked meals 7 days a week even though both worked, fast food was a treat for when we went out somewhere special. These days though a lot of parent s see it as an alternative to preparing meals..
My mother did the same.However she was a stay at home housewife.When she had to work I became the cook.

No one is saying that there should be no ads,just that they should be responsible and ethical..And as a parent I have have said no..and no and no and no and no...................It would have been nice to have had children's TV free from such ads when mine were small.There is plenty of ad time in the day for advertising the rubbish food and toys.