Thread: Media Player?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 20:18   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Media Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
I didn't "need" my media player, I could hook up the laptop to the tv each time I want to watch a media file my tv/blu ray player doesn't support, but it's so much easier to just copy the files to usb stick/memory card, put in media player.

Also, those media players do an excellent job of playing media files larger than 2gb with no problem.
I'm was in almost the same position. I had a load of media files that I wanted to play on my TV. I have a Macbook that was (and is) perfectly capable of playing them through the DVI connector on the TV, but I still got an external media player because it frees up the laptop to do whatver I want while the movie is playing.

Not to mention the fact that if I just want to watch a quick video, I can do it in a few clicks on a remote control, where as with the Macbook (and any PC), I would have needed to start the computer up, start the program then go hunting through the media files.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote