View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 13:58   #14
Arborlinden
Inactive

Arborlinden is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Phone line totally dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
They appear to attached you to an outage, but that is not always correct, so being advised to call in on another phone using 0845 454 1111 is sound advice as you will then know if an engineer is required rather than it being an area fault.

You can also check the service status by clicking the link in my signature for your area as well.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

I always check service status when I have a problem and refrain from reporting a fault is there is a reported problem. There was none reported on we site last week. However I have noticed that there can be no problem reported on web but there is a verbal message on 150 which I use when it is broadband or television at fault.
Few people are happy to use their mobiles to call premium rate numbers such as 0845 but it look like what you are saying is that 0845 call are an effective fault reporting action where as filling the fault report on the Virgin Media web site is non-effective. Certainly seems so in my case.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
You wrote

Of course i have a Virgin Media mobile so the longer they delay fixing my land line the more £20.00 top-ups I am having to make to my Mobile

Read your own posts

So while your topping up waiting for an email reply, if you called up in the first place a technician could have been deployed an en-route to you today, also you could have claimed your 0845 call costs back from virgin once your phone is re-connected.

P.s have you seen the weather lately? Could explain why its taking longer to get a reply as staff cant make it to work or they are re-arranging appointments missed by technicians

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Why should calling Virgin Media on 0845 result in a engineer visit when using the official web page to report a fault and receiving an email acknowledgement result in no further action. I have noticed the weather, however I have not noticed that the snow has significantly delayed my emails, they still seem just as quick and the snow might have delayed a call from Virgin Media to my mobile number given as contact details in my fault report but by a week! VM service could have used either service to tell me that the weather has rendered VM service impotent and they would get an engineer to me in the Spring.
Arborlinden is offline   Reply With Quote