Thread: T3 Timeouts.
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2010, 13:39   #14
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: T3 Timeouts.

Addressing the TV p[henomenon: IMO, -8 dBmv is on the low side of acceptable but if you're no longer having TV problems, should do. The SNR shows lower usually because of the run from first wall box to the cable tv box. The higher Return Power backs this up - the CMTS at the VM end requests higher power for any data the STB returns.

If the errors log shows zero, then there's no TV problem IMO.

I believe the TV signal is modulated at 256QAM (others may know better) and 33 dB SNR is at the low end of tolerance. The single occurrence of T1 and 25 occurrences of T4 are not a worry, IMO. If you go through the stats, you'll see the number of occasions that something has been downloaded or rest in your STB instigated from the CMTS end. The number of such occasions would exceed the number of T4 timeouts. On my STB I have 36 dB SNR and AGC SL of -4 dBmv, -3 dbMv and -2 dBmv with no problems. (there are three tuners in the V+ box).

Regarding your neighbours: I'm not 100% sure about Telewest cabling, but I think I might be wrong about the amplifiers. The street box has the frame I mentioned with different attenuation values and this should get round the issues of distance from the street box. Further away, the higher up the frame you'd be. You can usually tell who's got cable by the line of the duct showing on asphalt pavement or a box on the outer wall of a subscribing house. I admit there's some work to be done there, but it really is worthwhile.

HTH.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote