Thread: T3 Timeouts.
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2010, 21:23   #3
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one
Re: T3 Timeouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed2020 View Post
Hi all,

I posted a message on VM's broadband support newsgroup today as I've been experiencing fluctuations in download speeds, downstream power levels, and intermittent pauses in transmission for a couple of months. The problems have been a minor annoyance, so I've been in no rush to report them; however, with the imminent closure of the newsgroups I thought I'd get in now!

The support guy has said he's had a look at my connection and can see some T3 timeouts and has booked an engineer for me.

I have no idea what a T3 timeout is and I like to have a few facts to hand before an engineer visits so I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions:
  • What is a T3 timeout?
  • Would there be any evidence of T3 timeouts in my modem's event logs?
  • What are the possible causes/remedies of T3 timeouts?

If anyone can offer any information I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ed.
I "might" find this is a network issue and not local and to do with the ongoing BSR issues if ur on the motorolla kit.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote