View Single Post
Old 18-04-2005, 19:02   #10
homealone

Re: Your School Memories

hmm

infants school - in Cyprus - I caused a bomb scare when I dug up what turned out to be a pile of old military batteries - showed them to a teacher & they called the bomb squad.

primary school - in Kenya - it was quite dangerous eating sandwiches in the playground as the brown kites would swoop down & try & grab them, especially if you put them on your head & stood still . The 'craze' at the time was for marbles, we played either 'follows' or 'knock out of the ring' - unfortunately the tradition was to ceremoniously throw away your collection to all comers on your last day. Shame as some of them would be collectors items, now, I'm sure. Oh and we actually did play British Bulldog

secondary - in the UK - boarding school, many many memories, some bad, some good. Bad was fagging, no girls, being bullied, cold baths. Good was the 'den' we built under the stage as a place to go for a fag, the 'all areas' hide & seek, which included the roofs, putting calcium carbide in puddles & lighting the acetylene evolved, riding my old BSA Bantam round the playground at the weekend...too much to tell really