View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 17:56   #928
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
sorry but what utter nonsense. This is their standard process when you leave . Have you any idea how much it would cost to send an employee over to pick it up.

Taking it to a collect+ location is simple and easy. I took mine back to one in September when I left for Sky Q.

They aren't going to pander to a single customers demands or requests when they have perfectly good processes in place.

I was a customer for 13 years and 10 of those as an employee, and also got offered nothing to stay. Big deal, move on to a different supplier with a better offer. They are a business out to make money.
With this attitude towards customer retention, it's probably just as well that you no longer work for the company.

Under the Equality Act, they are obliged to make 'reasonable adjustments' for me, they don't have a choice.

Even without this, I have no intention of pandering to their convenience after their laissez faire attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Slurring? So you are mocking him for a possible disability?

Nice!
This possiblity has already been covered; check the site archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm not suggesting Richard does but some folk treat pay-TV companies like they're football teams. As you say, they're just businesses and we should move on if we feel next door's grass is greener. There's plenty of options including many streaming providers and Vodafone are set to join the market at some stage.
Indeed there is and this is reflected by VM churn. They are the only pay TV provider to be losing net customers.

I'm hoping that my intervention will improve matters after the courtesy call that I received today.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-11-2016 at 18:04.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote