View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 17:44   #925
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Is it right to guess that the new software written for the old TiVo is basically for the V6 and hasn't been optimised properly for the old technology and is the cause of the slow down.
I think that you've hit the nail on the head.

From what Spaceboyo has said, it appears that new installs will get the new box, but additional boxes are the old stock.

I do wonder if VM are deliberately stringing people along when they say that they hope to be able to resolve the issues with the old boxes.

If the main box is fast, whilst it's an irritation, watching the odd programme in bed would probably be tolerable for most people. It also becomes less of a problem if the fast box is able to stream elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
What did they actually do or say to you that has upset you so much?

Sending packaging to drop in returned equipment to several pick up points in the local area, is, I believe, common practice.
The call handler was slurring his words throughout and it's more what wasn't said than what was said ie he effectively shrugged his shoulders and made no attempt whatsoever to keep our custom. After 17 years I find this insulting.

Re: equipment return.

I informed them that, regardless of what process they wanted to follow, if they wanted their equipment back they would have to pick it up at my convenience.

He couldn't even get that right from the text received the following day.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-11-2016 at 17:48.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote