View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 17:44   #924
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I am a long standing customer of 17 years, with a fair bit of control over whether VM can continue to supply services to other properties (both residential & business).

After having enough of the TiVo last Sunday and with my window to cancel nearing expiration, I decided to cancel.

No attempt whatsoever was made to keep me, which after all the money that I have channelled their way, I found to be insulting.

I spoke to a manager at a charity do last Sunday who has promised to look into this after saying that "it doesn't appear to be a very satisfactory situation for either party".

Despite telling them that if they want any equipment back that they would be required to pick it up themselves at my convenience, I received a text the following day saying that they would be sending some packaging for me to send the equipment back! Sheer inept impertinence in my book; it's almost as if they are going out of their way to annoy me and are effectively saying if youre going, get gone

Today I received a courtesy call from someone who said that she would be looking into the way that I have been treated and my concerns about the call centre employee that took the call.

In addition, more information has come to light with regards as to when the new box will be available.

If VM redeem themselves and offer something tangible by way of an apology, I am open to reconsidering my cancellation as I am not an unreasonable man.
sorry but what utter nonsense. This is their standard process when you leave . Have you any idea how much it would cost to send an employee over to pick it up.

Taking it to a collect+ location is simple and easy. I took mine back to one in September when I left for Sky Q.

They aren't going to pander to a single customers demands or requests when they have perfectly good processes in place.

I was a customer for 13 years and 10 of those as an employee, and also got offered nothing to stay. Big deal, move on to a different supplier with a better offer. They are a business out to make money.