View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011, 23:15   #1
d_fairclough
Inactive

d_fairclough is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Installation Nightmare!!

Having a nightmare with installation, apologies in advance for the LONG story but hopefully someone may be able to help?

We went into the Virgin store on 25th Nov as we wanted to sign up for TV, Phone and Broadband. We had previously been a Sky customer and were happy with the service we received from them but after finding out what Virgin had to offer decided to go with yourselves. We signed up and were due to have it installed on the 4th December between 1 and 6pm. After waiting in all day I decided to ring Virgin Customer Care about 4.30 as it was getting dark and knowing it can take up to 2 hours for the installation I was getting worried no one would turn up. I was assured that they were finishing up a job and ours was next so he’d be round shortly. An hour later and still no sign so another phone call and this time was told he was en route. 6.30 comes and still no sign, so I ring again and he is still on his way, I asked if he will still definitely come tonight and was assured he would be. An hour later I am annoyed at wasting my time and being lied to by various members of the ‘Customer Care’ team so at 7.30 I ring again to be told the engineer has cancelled due to adverse weather conditions! This annoyed me as it was the one weekend in Nov/Dec when it wasn’t icy or snowing! When I questioned what time our installation had been cancelled I was informed the note had been placed on our account around 6.15, before I last rang! And when I asked why we hadn’t been informed the person in India I was speaking to neither knew or cared. I cared as I had spent long enough on phone calls to a premium rate number off a mobile!

I was passed on to someone who seemed to want to help and when I asked for him to ring me back as I was on my mobile he agreed and promised to ring me back WITHIN 30 minutes as he was going to ring around and try to sort something. Almost an hour later I realise that there won’t be a call and again I was going to have to ring up myself. I explain my situation AGAIN and ask for the guy who had promised to ring me back only to be told he left for the day!! As you can imagine I wasn’t best pleased and when I question this I am told that now he hasn’t left but is on the phone to another customer. I ask to be put through to him as he had promised to ring me back but was told they can’t do that as the person I was now talking to is in a different call centre?! I then asked to rearrange installation but again was told no as they had just closed for the day and when I asked to cancel as by now I was really annoyed and fed up was also told I’d have to ring a completely different premium rate number or go into the shop.

The next day (Sunday) I went into the shop to cancel Virgin. The lady in the shop said she would ring up to see what the problem was with the installation and she was told that the note on my account now says there is a construction issue, so by the time I complained about there being no reason for the installation to be cancelled as the weather was good for December they had changed the reason. This just confirmed to me that I should cancel Virgin and not have to put up with rubbish service. On the Monday another member from the store rang me to apologise or everything and say he was going to cancel my account but if I wanted to hold off for a while he was going to try and sort out a new installation date to which I replied that I will hold off before cancelling in the hope a new installation date would be soon.

This was forgotten about over Christmas as I hadn’t heard anything, including nothing from the emailed complaint I sent which Virgin state to respond to within 7 days. On the 10th January I get a phone call from Virgin to apologise that my installation date of the 18th was to be cancelled as when next door have just recently had Virgin installed they saw a blockage which meant we couldn’t have it installed. I inform the guy that I didn’t know anything about a new install date and had assumed the account had been cancelled as we never heard anything from Virgin. He said he would look into it and would ring us back...I didn’t hold my breath! I was also slightly annoyed that between our cancelled installation (4th Dec) and our neighbour getting Virgin that nobody had been to look at the ‘problem’ again.

On the 13th Feb me and my partner decide to go and speak to the person at the Sky stand as we wanted TV, Phone and Broadband sorted by the time our baby is born (due 11th March). As we were listening to what Sky could offer us we realised that what Virgin offer, even though it’s more expansive, is ultimately better and we both decided to pop in and see if the problem had been resolved. We went in, explained what had happened and after finding out our account had been cancelled in the end we asked Marc to find out if the problem had been sorted. He rang to find out in front of us and was relieved when the answer was a yes. We again signed up and had an installation date for 25th Feb.

Sunday 20th Feb I receive a voicemail to say our installation had been cancelled due to construction work being needed and with no mention of another date. I immediately ring the Virgin shop and spoke to Gareth who said he’ll try and find out what’s happening and he’d ring back tomorrow (Monday) after he’d spoken to the appropriate department. Monday 21st I get a call from Marc first thing to say he is trying to find out whats happening but has come up with no answers but will keep trying. A couple of hours later I get a call from Virgin (not the shop) to be told construction had been approved but would take at least 4 weeks, obviously I wasn’t best pleased and asked for a reason to be told that that is just the case and is that ok. I said its becoming a bit of a joke but I will speak to the guys at the Virgin shop. To this he replied that if I’m not happy with it he will cancel my account now! I didn’t like the way he was speaking to me so I thanked him for actually ringing me and keeping me informed as this was not the case last time and that I’d speak to the shop first, through this he was trying to talk over me being rude so I said thanks again and put the phone down.

I then received another 4 calls from the rude man I’d just spoken to one after another. When my phone went quiet long enough for me to use my phone I then rang the shop and spoke to Marc who then informed us our account had been cancelled by whoever I’d just spoke to on the phone!! We then went into the shop to get a refund of the 49.99 we had paid and after speaking to Gareth and David decided to hang fire again in the hope something can be done.
d_fairclough is offline   Reply With Quote